Sunday, June 5, 2011

Wonderful Weird Warm Winter Weather

I am not a winter person. I feel the cold in the air as April turns to May and by June my attire is all about keeping warm not fashion. But this year I'm still waiting for the cold. I thought it might be because I don't have to get up in the cold, pre-dawn to get ready for work. One of the major bonuses of my student lifestyle is getting up in the morning when I want to. But last month was the warmest May for 100 years and today, June 5th, it was 21 degrees. I had the doors and windows open and it was a lovely balmy day. I'll make the most of it while it lasts. I'm sure Jack Frost will strike soon and the squash ball will bounce like a stone, the Impatiens will droop and die and a beanie will be my favourite item of clothing.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Hi Carolin. Thanks for your comment today on my photo blog. Nice to meet you. It appears that you are in Hamilton too? Yes, it has been unseasonably mild here today, so that I put my shorts back on to go visiting my daughter. Hard to believe huh? - Dave