Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Failed to get Fired

Darn it, I tried but failed to get fired today.  The job I most dislike at the library is doing the banking. There was a significant discrepancy between to the totals, Betty was away and neither Nisa nor I could figure out where the mistake was. We had to call the council accountant over to help. He is new and unfamiliar with the library banking system but he was very nice about it and helped us solve the problem. I asked if he would fire me from the banking but he just laughed (but I meant it, I really did). The frustrating thing is that it took Nisa & I two hours to do the banking, time we could have spent on other things e.g. sorting out the mess the movers left of the shelves after the re-carpeting. Between the banking and the wonky, muddled shelves it's a rather frustrating week. 


No comments: