Saturday, November 17, 2018

Spring Holiday

I've been delving deeply into family history research so I've neglected the blog for a while. But through my research I recently met some extended family members while on a 'meet the family' holiday with my mother. People I phoned out of the blue have been very welcoming and helpful.   

                                 Mum, Ian McCaul & Edna McCaul at Huirangi

      Ben & Fanny Hall's house (my great, great                The house at Huirangi in 2018
              grandparents) built about 1880
   
Jim, Alice, John, Gordon, Annie, Bill,       Alice's son Lyndsay Shuker, Florice's daughter 
             Tom & Florice McGowan. c.1930          Lois Knight. Same doorstep about 90 years later

           The McGowan family homestead                          With a new roof in 2018



No comments: