Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Vanishing Number Plates

 After a pleasant walk with Mary yesterday I thought there was something odd about my car as I approached it parked on the road below her house. It took me a couple of seconds to figure it out but then I realised the rear number plate was missing. I walked around the car and the front plate was also missing!

Some lowlife ratbag had stolen the plates during the hour we were out walking. It was broad daylight between 5.20 and 6.30pm so it was a very cheeky heist. I was disgusted that someone would steal my number plates to use in some sort of criminal activity. 

It was also a real hassle because I had to go through the process of sorting it all out. I was on hold with the police 105 call centre for an hour before I could make a report yesterday evening, today I had to visit the AA office to organise new plates, then it took me a while to track down where I could purchase anti theft screws. I bought a packet of screws from Repco on the way to squash then couldn't figure out how on earth to attach the plates to the car. The screw holes on the plate don't match the holes in the car. Ahhhh! I will leave that problem until tomorrow. Meanwhile I am driving around without number plates and with the police report in my car in case I am stopped. 



No comments: