Thursday, April 28, 2011

Irresistiblue

Mmm, blueberry cheesecake for lunch. My lovely Mum treated me to lunch today at the Irresistiblue Cafe which is situated in a blueberry orchard. The cheesecake was delicious and I learnt a few fascinating facts about blueberries:

1) There are over 200 varieties.

2) Monavale Blueberries have over 26 varieties on their property, both high bush and rabbiteye varieties. Apparently the rabbiteye varieties go pink (similar to the eye colour of a white rabbit) before they turn blue.

3) And the best part - one serving of blueberries provides as many antioxidants as five servings of broccoli. In with blueberries, out with broccoli I say!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the blueberries vs broccoli. I have them in my smoothies almost every day - yum!!!