Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Today is January 1st 2012. It marks the first day of the year, my last week in Te Awamutu and next week I'll start a new life in Wellington. So it's a happy/sad time for me. I've enjoyed living in Te Awamutu for 14 years and I'll miss my friends and family here. But it's time for a change and I have great job opportunity in Wellington.

My year of study is almost complete, I'm finishing off the final paper during the summer semester. In two weeks I start a new job in a new city at a new school. Well the job and the school are brand new but the city has been around for a while, it's just new for me. I'll be the library based teacher at Amesbury School in Churton Park, Wellington. The school opens for the first time on February 1st 2012 and I expect it will be both exciting and challenging to be a foundation teacher at an innovative new school.

Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2012.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Carolyn, best wishes for your new adventure. Like you I set off to see the world, starting in Wellington from Hamilton way back in 1961. I grew to love Wellington and the Wellington area and life was great!
Good wishes for your new job. That new school looks great! Happy New Year - Dave