Friday, February 3, 2012

Blu Tack

I finally had time to unpack three boxes of ornaments last night so I started filling the china cabinet and placing ornaments on shelves. I carefully made them a bit more secure by blu tacking them to the surface they sat on. Half way through I ran out of blu tack. But I wasn't too worried, I mean what were the chances of an earthquake before I could get to a shop today or tomorrow to buy more blu tack?

The chances were very good apparently because at 7 am this morning there was an earthquake in Wellington. Just a small one fortunately and not enough of a shake to disturb the ornaments. However blu tack is now at the top of my weekend shopping list.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Earthquakes huh? I wonder if you have experienced any before? - Dave

carolynknz said...

I've felt only one earthquake since I lived in Palmerston North over 20 years ago. That quake was in December when I visited Wellington as I was preparing to move here!

Word Imp said...

I wonder if you felt the one they had down your way overnight. I think it was a 5.3 below Taumarunui.