Sunday, February 19, 2012

Squashing Again

A couple of weeks ago I had some strange dreams about squash. I'd turn up at a club and for some reason be unable to play e.g. the courts had missing walls. I was either going through some strange sort of squash withdrawal or my subconscious was telling me that something was missing from my daily routine now I'm back working full-time at school. So I located the Tawa Squash Club, paid my subscription and went to their Club Night the following night. I had three really good games that evening. My muscles suffered for it the next day but the strange squash dreams disappeared.

The people I met at the club were very friendly and I've organised a couple more games. The main challenge may be court availability as it's a very busy club with only three courts. There is an online booking system and you can book up to a week ahead. I'm not sure what time most people get up in the morning to book a game in advance but one woman told me the advantage of her job (she is a nurse who works night shifts) is that she can reserve a court when they become available at midnight!

2 comments:

Dave said...

midnight? I guess if that's when you finish work and it suits, why not? Glad you are getting involved in the community there Carolyn. Well done - Dave

Lisa said...

That's the same as Cambridge - I have a reminder on my phone every day to pre book Cal's courts for 2 weeks in advance. Ours flicks over at midnight as well and I get online at 5.30am when I get up! I'm so pleased that you are back on court - the sanity saver. We into it every day now with training and coaching and tournaments. Had a great weekend - was bottom seed and won the plate so a few nice grading list points.