Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Where has the time gone?

It's still here in cyberspace my little old blog. It does feel kind of old and long neglected. But it still exists! 

It's now the third day of 2018 and I though I'd check in on carolynknz.  I was talking to a colleague today about blogging, she has recently started one. Over time I've got distracted by Facebook, dabbled with Twitter (I'll leave that to Donald Trump) and discovered the handy little What's App. But looking back at my blog today I realise it's a rather lovely snapshot of times past. And it's all mine, unlike Facebook which always seems to have posts jostling for attention (and that's just my profile with a grand total of 83 friends, how on earth do people with hundreds of 'friends' keep up with everything?). Although I love the sharing and keeping in touch aspect of FB I realise I also like the fact I can have my own little space to record whatever I feel like without wondering if my friends will be interested. The blog's for me but you (anyone who accidentally stumbles across it or seeks it out) are very welcome to visit and leave comments. 

So what is significant about the start of 2018?  Actually ... nothing really. I had a quiet New Year's Day (a bit of gardening, a bit of reading, a game of squash - in fact a perfect day of leisure).  Let's see how this year pans out and whether my blog actually accumulates more posts!

First three thoughts for 2018:
  • It's hot and I love summer. The front lawn crunches under my feet and I don't care how much the water bill costs to keep the garden plants alive, I just love this long, hot summer. 
  • I have rediscovered the joys of cycling. Now that it's not my only mechanical means of transport I can choose when to ride and when to drive. And after more than 25 years I can still balance on a bicycle!
  • Feliz año 2018...

No comments: