Sunday, January 30, 2022

Castlepoint

Making the most of another perfect January day to visit another spot on the Wairarapa Coast - Castlepoint. It's not the first time I've visited. The first was on a family camping trip but my main memory of that trip is the awning ripping in fierce wind and we retreated to the Patrick's farm at Gladstone. My second visit was with a group of colleagues from Mt Ruapehu and we visited to watch the annual horse race along the beach. This time it was to explore the area and enjoy the fabulous scenery. There are lots of interesting rock formations and we climbed Castle Rock for wonderful views north and south along the coast. A first for me on this trip was travelling via the Akatarawas. It's a single lane, winding road with blind corners. I'm glad Simon was driving while I enjoyed the forest view and tried not to look at each upcoming corner. 










No comments: