Monday, January 24, 2022

Omicron and Covid Red Light

Following the confirmation of several Omicron cases in Motueka the whole country has moved the the Red Traffic Light setting today. We were warned it was just a matter of time. I'm glad I visited the supermarket about an hour before the Prime Minister's announcement yesterday. It was quiet at Pak 'n Save at 9.30am but apparently people felt the need to stock up on supplies (despite the PM saying 'do not panic buy') and it was very busy later in the day. 

Today is Wellington Anniversary Day and I love these three day weekends. Sue and I went to see the new movie version of Westside Story today and the film was very good. I was surprised how much Spanish was spoken, but it was easy for me to follow all the dialogue. The picture below gives the impression of fun and dancing but actually the story is a rather violent and tragic version of Romeo & Juliet. The only problem was the theatre felt like a sauna. I was in the top back corner furthest from the door but I crept past everyone to go out and ask a staff member to put the air-conditioning on.  




No comments: