Sunday, March 13, 2022

Kapakapanui

Seven river crossings, a goblin forest, 1001 metres steep uphill and 1001 metres steep downhill. That pretty much summarises the Kapakapanui Track but what a marvellous tramp despite the objections of my knee joints. The river crossings are near the beginning and were fairly easy to cross although it does mean wet feet for the walk. Most of the walk is through beautiful native forest and the trees dripping with moss in the goblin forest was especially pretty. A stunning view from the top, across the Tararua ranges to the east and along the Kapiti Coast to the west. Now I know what the peak that I can see from my house, occasionally covered in snow, is like up close. There were 10 of us in the Parawai Tramping Club organised trip, including my tramping and work buddies Nisa and Simon. 














 

No comments: