Saturday, March 5, 2022

Sore Throat Dilemma

I have a niggly sore throat. More of a throat ache than a scratchy, irritated throat. It could be nothing but it could be something. What if I ignored it and went to work but it was the big C (which at the moment means Covid). So I alerted my team leaders that I wouldn't be at work today and booked a Covid test. I was given a pick up time of 11.59am which was interesting for two reasons. One is that 11.59 is an oddly specific time and the other was that it was a pick up time not a PCR test time. I turned up at the back of Team Medical at 11.56, was handed a box and returned home to do the Rapid Antigen Test myself. The good news is that 15 minutes later I knew I didn't have Covid-19. I had also been feeling very tired for the past few days so I had a restful day at home and postponed my squash game until Thursday. This evening I feel better and now have four spare test kits in case I need another RAT. 



No comments: